The Confined Space Rescue course is important because OSHA requires that employers who have permit spaces in their facilities in which employees will be working provide rescue and emergency services in case of an accident.
• The use of PPE necessary for making rescues
• The use of retrieval systems used for rescue
• The entry permit system and the need to communicate the system for preparation, issuance, use, and cancellation of the entry permit
• The hazards encountered while performing a confined space rescue
• Respiratory protection and the use of SCBAs
• How to perform the assigned rescue duties; each member will have their own assigned duties
• Accidents common to confined spaces