This course will provide the skills necessary to safely operate a variety of pedestal cranes, perform daily inspections, communicate with riggers and DSPs during lifts to ensure overall safety.
API Crane Operator Safety Training in Houston, Texas
API Crane Operator Safety Training in Houston, Texas is important for any business that uses cranes.
API’s safety program is endorsed by many in the industry because of its benefits as follows:
- It includes classroom and field instruction on how to safely operate a crane. It also covers the use of proper signals, hand signals, and verbal commands.
- It is designed to prepare operators for their jobs and to improve their skills. Many businesses find that their employees who complete the API crane safety course are more efficient and have fewer accidents.
- It teaches employees how to properly inspect every type of equipment. This helps to prevent accidents and property damage.
The API course is an excellent way to train your employees about work safety and health. The course is designed to provide workers with the knowledge, training, and experience they need to protect themselves from workplace hazards. Employees who complete the course will be better equipped to work safely and avoid common forms of injury and illness.
What does API mean?
API stands for American Petroleum Institute. It is a trade association that represents the oil and gas industry in the United States.
API’s mission is to promote safety and security in the industry. One way they do this is by developing standards that businesses can use to ensure their products and services are safe. Many of these standards are used by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in their regulations.
API also provides training and education programs on topics such as safety, environmental protection, and emergency response.
To whom does Crane Operator Safety Training Course for?
The course is for:
- Articulating crane operators of all levels of experience
- Foremen, chargehands and supervisors who want a better understanding of the mobile crane operator’s duties
- People who manage or maintain cranes, motor graders, dump trucks and boom trucks in the construction site
- Riggers and signallers
Learning Outcomes of API Crane Operator Safety Training
After completing the course, you will learn:
- How to safely operate a variety of pedestal cranes (e.g. boom truck crane, overhead crane, service truck crane, and more)
- How to perform daily inspections
- How to communicate with riggers and DSPs during lifts
- How to follow all safety procedures
The course will also cover:
- The different types of cranes and their uses (e.g. truck mounted cranes, knuckle boom cranes, overhead bridge cranes, overhead and gantry cranes, and more)
- The terminology used in the crane industry
- The different types of loads and how to properly secure them
- How to read and understand lifting plans
How is the Crane Operator Safety Training Course evaluated?
The Crane Operator Safety Training Course is evaluated by practical examinations and a written exam at the end of the course. The examiner will observe the trainee operate the crane and assess their ability to safely complete the task. If the trainee fails the practical exams, they will be required to retake the course.
API Crane Operator Safety Training Cost
Kindly contact ABC Safety Solutions for the most recent pricing on API crane operator course cost. Prices may vary depending on location, group size, and other factors.
API Crane Operator Safety Training Certifications
At the end of the course, trainees will receive professional certificates. This course meets the certification requirements by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
API Crane Operator Safety Training Validity
The certificate does not expire. However, it is recommended that you take this certification program every 3-5 years to stay up-to-date on the latest safety procedures.
API Crane Operator Safety Training Location
ABC Safety Solutions offers API Crane Operator Safety Training at its facility in Houston, TX. The experienced instructors at this location are dedicated to helping students develop vital safety skills that can save lives at sea individually and as part of a team effort.
ABC Safety Solutions is committed to providing the highest quality safety training possible, and the Houston facility is an excellent place to get started.