This course is designed to give delegates a sound understanding of health and safety. It will enable
candidates to interpret, understand, implement and monitor health and safety management techniques.
Managers and supervisors who have responsibility for health and safety functions.
Certification & Revalidation
Certification will be issued on successful completion of each unit; however all three units must be achieved before final NEBOSH certification is granted.
Revalidation is not required.
NGC 1 - Management and Health and Safety
• Foundations in Health and Safety.
• Health and safety management system 1 – Policy
• H & S management system 2 - Organizing - roles and responsibilities, safety culture, emergency and first aid requirements.
• H & S management system 3 - Planning - risk assessment, control measures
• H & S management system 4 - Monitoring, inspection, audit, incident investigation and review
NGC 2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
• Transport – Hazards and risk control
• Musculoskeletal – Hazards and risk control
• Work equipment – Hazards and risk control
• Electrical safety / Fire safety
• Chemical and biological health – Hazards and risk control
• Physical and psychological health – Hazards and risk control H & S management system 4 - Monitoring, inspection, audit, incident investigation and review
NGC 3 - Practical Application
• This unit consists of a 45 minute workplace inspection, followed by 1 hour and 15 minute period of time in which the candidate needs to complete a written report summarizing the results.
Held at the Houston Training Center
Items to Bring