This course is designed to teach personnel to properly perform firewatch duties including site evaluation, fire prevention, incipient fire fighting techniques, and monitoring during hot work activities. As per regulations 29 CFR –1915.508 (c)(1-3)
3-4 hours – length shall vary depending on the class size
Any offshore worker
A written exam is administered to evaluate student retention of information. Successful candidates will receive a certificate upon completion. Revalidation is required as per industry demand
• Identify the elements of a fire and understand and what is necessary to extinguish a fire.
• Name the different classes of fire identified by the NFPA Fire Classification System.
• Demonstrate skills needed to chose and operate the correct type of portable fire extinguisher needed for the type of fire.
• Inspect an area for fire prevention before any hot work begins.
• Discuss the use of a hot work permit
Held at the Houston Training Center
Items to Bring